FAMILY AREA POLICIES
The purpose of the Family Area is to provide a safe and secure environment for parents/guardians to take care of their children at the Center. The Family Area opens three hours before satsang, and closes 30 minutes after the end of satsang. Family Area sevadars are present to assist with administrative duties only and are not responsible for the care of children. Parents or guardians must be responsible for their children AT ALL TIMES, with no exceptions. For safety purposes, all children should be either in the Family Area or in satsang.
Family Area conditions of use and policies
- Parents and guardians must agree to abide by all of the conditions for use in the Family Area.
- All children (0-4 years of age) must have one parent with them at all times.
- A parent/guardian must always accompany any child up to the age of 12.
- A 13 to 14-year-old guardian may care for one child, five years or older.
- A 15 to 17-year-old guardian may care for up to two children, five years or older.
- An adult (18+) may act as a guardian for up to four children, five years or older.
- Guardians (13-17) must arrive at the Family Area reception table with a parent to register.
- Children (13-15) may sit in the Family Area without a guardian to read or do homework, or engage in other quiet activity, even if they are not acting as guardians. However, they must arrive at the Family Area reception table with a parent and should not leave the Family Area until the end of satsang.
- Young people (16+) are requested to attend satsang. They should not be in the Family Area unless they are acting as guardians.
- Your child is your responsibility. Please ensure you keep your child under your sight and supervision at all times. Science of the Soul Study Center accepts no liability for lost or separated children.
- Parents/guardians must accompany their children to the restroom at all times.
- Parents/guardians who plan to alternate care of their children must go to the satsang sharing desk together to get a satsang sharing pass for re-entry. One parent/guardian goes for satsang immediately and the other can do so only after the first forty-five minutes of satsang.
- Headsets are available for parents/guardians to listen to satsang with their children.
- A Nursing Area for mothers with infants is available.
- Children with any infectious disease such as chicken pox, measles, etc., should not be brought to Family Area. Please be considerate of other children.
Children attending satsang
- Children (10-12) may attend satsang in the company of a parent or guardian. Parents/guardians and children are required to sit together and may sit anywhere except in the first few rows of the Hall.
- Children (13+) may sit by themselves in satsang, and they may act as guardians for younger children in satsang, following the same age-related guidelines outlined above.
What to bring
- Parents/guardians should bring snacks for their own children. Due to potential food allergies, parents/guardians should not share food with other children at the Center.
- Parents/guardians are required to supervise their own children, to assist the sevadars in managing activities, and maintaining the facility. There will be (limited) sports equipment and some craft supplies will be available for use.
- Electronics: cell phones, cameras, Gameboys, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are not permitted in the Family Area or in the Hall.
- Medical Needs & Clothing:
- Be sure to bring medications your child might need as First Aid cannot provide or prescribe any medications.
- Weather is unpredictable. Dress in layers and bring a warm jacket, sunscreen, and umbrella.